Sunday, September 23, 2018

Welcome to Office Polish!

Hi! Welcome to Office Polish.

Location: Scottsdale, AZ

What inspired you to start your blog?
I've always been obsessed with fashion and more recently beauty and wellness. Because I work in finance I wanted a creative outlet where I could explore these subjects for fun and share my tips and tricks on what works, especially for working women. I love browsing through blogs and influencer accounts on YouTube and instagram but I didn't see many accounts that were sharing outfit or makeup inspiration that would work for someone with a 9-5 so I decided to try to fill that gap.
 





What is your goal for Office Polish? 
 Let me just say that I love my day job. For me, Office Polish is a space to share content on what i've learned over the years and what works for me. I don't want this to be a blog about pretty pictures and excessive consumerism. You can find that everywhere else. I want this to be a blog where women can come together, learn and support one another on our journey.

What is your background? 
After graduating from an Ivy League grad school I worked for a tech startup for a year and then made the jump to a full on corporate job where I work for one of the largest financial services institutions in the world.

What piece of advice would you give someone trying to start their career or establish themselves in their career?
If you don't know what you want to do with your life, don't worry. That will come in time. Just get on a path and see where it takes you and always put in your best effort. You never know what opportunities lie ahead. If you have already begun your career, become the constant professional; look and act the part. Know your industry, your company, your department, and your team. Stay above the fray, stay positive, stay engaged, and of course, stay polished.  If you can't do those things in your current role find another job.


How would you describe your style? 
I would describe my style as feminine preppy with a hint of edge. I love dresses and suits in bold colors like fuchsia or eggplant. I always look for sweaters with interesting details or asymmetrical shirts to spice things up. Comfort is a must for me but that doesn't mean you have to sacrifice style!



What role do you think fashion plays in the workplace?
In the workplace I don't think its about fashion, I think its about polish. The latest trends are usually really hard to pull off or flat out inappropriate for the workplace (fringe anyone?). I think 9-5 fashion is really about fit and texture and fabric and pulling together a look that works for your shape and office environment. That looks different for all of us but the common theme is making the effort to know what works for you and to find quality pieces that will last.

Thank you so much for stopping by!

Alexandra








No comments :

Post a Comment